In the days, weeks and months following the service, people continue to need others to lean on for understanding, encouragement and guidance. For that reason, many local and national support groups have formed. These groups provide a common place and a comforting environment for expressing emotions through each phase of the grieving process. To learn more, click on the links below, or discuss grief counseling and support options with your funeral director.
General Grief Resources
- AARP Grief & Loss: a collection of resources and an on-line support community.
- National Funeral Directors Association: Frequently Asked Questions about grief.
- American Cancer Society – Support to cancer patients, family and friends.
- WidowNet – an information and support resource for, and by, widows and widowers.
Grief Resources For Parents
- National SIDS and Infant Death Program Support Center – support for families dealing with SIDS.
- Bereaved Parents USA – a nationwide organization designed to aid and support bereaved parents and their families.
- The Compassionate Friends – supports families who have experienced the death of a child.
Grief Resources For Children
- Fernside Online – an online resource for grieving children.
- The Dougy Center – the first center in the United States to provide peer support groups for grieving children.
Peoples Funeral Home, the first black mortuary in Marianna and Jackson County owned by blacks, was established in 1938 by Lemuel Granberry.
Holding a funeral or memorial service for your loved one is a positive first step in the grieving process. Family members and friends . .
Peoples Funeral Service is a full service funeral home offering traditional funeral services and merchandise, advance funeral planning . .
You’ll find the answers to some of the most common questions relating to the value of a funeral, what is a memorial service, and more.
Most of us plan ahead in life. We plan for our wedding, our children’s education, family vacations, and other significant expected life events.
The staff at Peoples Funeral Home are only a phone call or email away. To send an email to us, just click here and complete the online form.
Peoples Funeral Home | 2876 Orange Street | Marianna, Florida 32448 | Tel: 850-482-2233